Enrollment / Registration

Requirements for Entering School
  • All students attending St. Anne Grade School District # 256 are required to have an emergency contact number. Parents/guardians who fail to provide an emergency contact person/phone number may not be allowed to register their child/children for school.
  • All children who will reach the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st, of the school year, are eligible to enter kindergarten. All pupils entering kindergarten, first grade for the first time, or transfer from another state must have physical examinations, lead screenings, and be immunized against chickenpox, measles, smallpox, tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough, and poliomyelitis.
  • All pupils entering the preschool or the sixth grade must have a physical examination and immunization booster shots, including Hepatitis B vaccinations, prior to their entry into school.
  • As of July 1, 2005, a new law requires students in grades K, 2, and 6 to present evidence of a dental examination by May 15th of the school year.
  • Effective January 1, 2008, Public Act 95-671, requires that all children enrolling in Kindergarten and any student enrolling for the first time in school to have an eye examination by October 15th of the school year. Any pupil who does not provide proof of this examination and proper immunizations cannot be permitted to enter school.

St. Anne Grade School has a residency requirement for all students who attend St. Anne Grade School District # 256. A student's residence is the same as the person who has legal custody of the student. A person asserting legal custody of the student, who is not the child's natural or adoptive parent, shall complete a signed statement stating: that he or she has assumed and exercises legal responsibility of the child, the reason the child lives with him or her(other than to receive educational purposes), and that he or she exercises full control over the child regarding daily educational and medical decisions in the case of an emergency. The required form will be placed in the child's student record. If a change of guardianship does occur, the principal and/or superintendent must be notified. Failure to prove residency and/or guardianship can result in denial of attendance.

To Enroll a Student
  • Parents/guardians must bring the child's birth certificate and social security number.
  • Proof of Residency can be done by presenting any two of the following: driver's license, credit card bills, library card, voter registration, real estate bill, public aid card, checking account or bank statement, insurance papers, gas/electric bill, or lease (signed).
  • A Student Transfer Form from the child's previous school must also be produced if the child is transferring from another public school.